When: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 | 7 pm
Where: Bing Theatre at LACMA
Tickets $15 General Admission, $19 LACMA, Cal Poly alumni, and AIA members, $5 seniors 62 + and students w. idea.
Caroline Bos, co-founder and Principal Urban Planner of UNStudio, will speak about recent projects including the restructuring of the station area of Arnhem, the mixed-use Raffles City in Hangzhou, a master plan for Basauri, and the design and restructuring of the Harbour Pont Parodi in Genoa.
Bos studied Art History at Birkbeck College of the University of London and Urban and Regional Planning at the Faculty of Geosciences, University of Utrecht. In 1988 she co-founded Van Berkel & Bos Architectuurbureau with architect Ben van Berkel. In 1998 she co-founded UNStudio (United Net), a network of specialists in architecture, urban development, and infrastructure. Bos was awarded an Honorary Professorship at the University of Melbourne’s Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning in 2012. CALA and AIA|LA are delighted to be co-sponsors of this event.
- Sunday, October 12, 2014 10:00AM Downtown Los Angeles Walking Tour
- Thursday, February 26, 2015, 6:30 PM - 9:00PM: Michael Maltzan, FAIA of Michael Maltzan Architecture
- Thursday, March 12, 2015, 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM: Sharon Johnston and Mark Lee of Johnston Marklee & Associates
- Tuesday, May 14, 2015 6:30PM – 9:00PM: Stanley Saitowitz of Natoma Architects
Upcoming 2016 events:
- Tuesday, March 8, 2016, 6:30pm - 8:30pm: Eric Howeler & Meejin Yoon of Howeler+Yoon
- Thursday, March 10, 2016, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM: Antoine Picon, Harvard University Graduate School of Design
- Thursday, April 7, 2016, 6:30PM - 8:30 PM: Michael Folonis, FAIA, Michael W. Folonis Architects
- Thursday, April 21, 2016: Kevin Daly, FAIA, Kevin Daly Architects
- Thursday, May 5, 2016: Thursday, May 5, 2016: Hitoshi Abe, Atelier Hitoshi Abe