When: April 21, 2016
Where: A+D Architecture and Design Museum, 900 E 4th St. Los Angeles, CA90013
Tickets: $15 Individual/$7 Students
A+D Members, Cal Poly Students and Alumni Free w. RSVP
In collaboration with the A+D Architecture and Design Museum and the Cal Poly LA Metro Program in Architecture and Urban Design.
Kevin Daly, FAIA, is the founder of Kevin Daly Architects, a renowned architectural practice focused on craft, construction systems, and material research. His diligent design process, is focused on material and technical research, marries traditional and contemporary design and representation processes. Mr. Daly led the design effort for the firm’s award-winning projects including the Valley Center House, the Camino Nuevo Charter Academy, the Camino Nuevo High School, the modernization and expansion of UCLA’s School of Music, and the Art Center College of Design South Campus Building. Current projects include a commercial store fronting Miami’s Design District, a housing complex at UCSB, and the UCLA Basketball Practice Facility.
In addition to over thirty state and local AIA design awards, Kevin Daly’s work has been recognized with National AIA Honor Awards, a Gold Medal from the Bruner Foundation, a Millennium Award from Global Green, and his firm received the first ever AIA/LA Firm of the Year Award in 2009. Mr. Daly received his BARCH from the University of California (Berkley) and his MARCH from Rice University. Presented by A+D Architecture and Design Museum Los Angeles and LAMETRO, California Polytechnic State University. CALA and AIA|LA are delighted to be co-sponsors of this event.
Please join us for a reception, lecture, and discussion with Kevin Daly, FAIA, of Kevin Daly Architects.
- Sunday, October 12, 2014 10:00AM Downtown Los Angeles Walking Tour
- Thursday, February 26, 2015, 6:30 PM - 9:00PM: Michael Maltzan, FAIA of Michael Maltzan Architecture
- Thursday, March 12, 2015, 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM: Sharon Johnston and Mark Lee of Johnston Marklee & Associates
- Tuesday, May 14, 2015 6:30PM – 9:00PM: Stanley Saitowitz of Natoma Architects
- Tuesday, March 8, 2016, 6:30pm - 8:30pm: Eric Howeler & Meejin Yoon of Howeler+Yoon
- Thursday, March 10, 2016, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM: Antoine Picon, Harvard University Graduate School of Design
- Thursday, April 7, 2016, 6:30PM - 8:30 PM: Michael Folonis, FAIA, Michael W. Folonis Architects
- Thursday, May 5, 2016: Thursday, May 5, 2016: Hitoshi Abe, Atelier Hitoshi Abe
- Thursday, June 2, 2016: Julie Eizenberg, FAIA, Koning Eizenberg